HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 3

From:
Robert Manocchia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]) wrote:
: >The second comment I would make is that if you are worried about overloading
: >a machine with these types of database requests, you might be using
: >the wrong interface. WWW was not designed or optimized for this type of
: >traffic. While WWW does provide a nice, OPEN interface, it is not
: >really the best interface for database queries. In my opinion, WWW
: >database front-ends should be primarily used when data is needed for
: >anonymous, public access. Otherwise, if you have heavy traffic into
: >a database, you probably ought [...]38_14Apr199500:24:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 09:06:13 EST
        I received the same thing, equally mystified.