HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 1

From:
Dale Hollingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dale Hollingsworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 17:28:01 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
says...

>Dale Hollingsworth ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>> We have an HP 937 and HP 947 attached together via coax and that works
>> fine. We attached that coax to our Novell network by connecting a coax
>> TP transciever to one of the HP Ethertwist hubs on the Novell net.
From
>> PC's that are also attached to that hub we can access the 937 or 947
but
>> not from any other network segment. We are confused. Anyone out there
>> have any suggestions?
>
>> Thanks in advance.
>
>> Dale Hollingsworth
>> Technical Support
>> Information Access Company
>

>By segments do you meam subnets?  If your environment includes subnets,
>have you configured these subnets in NMMGR?  The 3000 will need to know
>about each subnet and the gateways that are available to access each
subnet.
Yes I mean subnets. I did not see anywhere in NMMGR to configure subnets.

Any hints as to where? Also we are using Novell's internal routing

feature in our servers to go between subnets. Each server has at least

two NICs, each to a different subnet. When you say gateway do you mean

router IP number or a physical gateway PC?