HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 1

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 13:43:24 GMT
Hello DAVEM,

Reply to your questions:

: I saw your response regarding in bound telenet via a DTC. My question is if
: a user telenets to an HP/3000 via a DTC, can the user execute block mode
: VPLUS applications?

  In my test block mode VPLUS and NMMGR worked.  My test consists of:

  HP-UX 700 system
    VT3K to HP3000
      Telnet to DTC with Tac card
        Logon to 3000 and test

  ~and~

  HP-UX 700 system
    Telnet to DTC with Tac card
      Logon to 3000 and test

: When HP does support in bound telenet via software, will block mode VPLUS
: applications be supported?

  I have seen no documentation which specifically says block mode will 'not'
  work.  Seeing is believing, so when the product is available I will
  test for this functionality.

  Regards,

  James Hofmeister
  Worldwide Technology Expert Center
  Hewlett Packard

  P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.