HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 1

From:
Greg Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 1995 15:10:56 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Usenet News) says:

>I have been asked to integrate a Powerbuilder-based application running
>against a Sybase database (on an HP-UX machine) over a TCP-IP network
>with some legacy data residing on an HP-3000 machine running the IMAGE
>database.
>
>Although I have extensive experience with UNIX based dataservers such as
>Informix, Sybase, Oracle, Ingres, etc, I have never worked with this
>IMAGE database.  Is it supported with any desktop ODBC drivers?  How can
>I get my hands on them?  Is this even the right USENET group to post this
>question?
>
>Any assistance would be appreciated.

>frederick s wright

Yes there are ODBC drivers for Image/SQL databases, you can get them by ftp at

FTP.3K.COM /ODBC

The files are hpodbf19.exe or hp0dbg07.exe depending on which version of
Image/Sql you are
using.

We are doing the exact thing you are, interfacing PowerBuilder to our Image
databases along with
SQL Server databases and have decent success but are still working out the
bugs. We have used
the ODBC drivers and the HP Allbase API for our connectivity, haven't decided
on which one to use
yet.

Keep in you need to be running Image/SQL (just a shell running on top of Image)
and not just plain
image to be able to attach.

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Greg Rice                             [log in to unmask]
Prevue Networks, Inc.
7140 S. Lewis
Tulsa, OK 74136