HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 1

From:
Rex Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rex Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 17:42:27 -0400
In article <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]
(Rex Warren) writes:
>From: [log in to unmask] (Rex Warren)
>Subject: Connectivity
>Date: Tue, 28 Mar 1995 15:15:17

>Hi, I've tried fielding these questions to the HPUX folks but they didn't
>respond.  I wish I knew about this group earlier.

>We have an HP 3000 series 52 running MPE V P 2 or something like that.   It
has
>a lanic card but we are having trouble connecting to our LAN.  We get a
>transport warning or error whenever a 802.3 packet is sent over the net.
>Considering we have just switched over to newer banyan and novell on our lan
>for PC's we have a lot of 802.3 packets.  We have in the past been able to get
>around this by having our own subnet and limiting our traffic but that has
>changed.  So...

>1. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be the problem if it is a
>configuration problem?

I'm posting this to summarize the responses I have recieved.

The messages I was getting is:
NON FATAL TRANSPORT ERROR

This error can be ignored and is done by removing the logging entry for
SUB0008, CLAS0002.  This is done in NMMGR.  To restart the logging though
you need to do a warmstart.

Thanks to everyone who replied especially Frank McConnell.

Rex Warren