HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

From:
"David W. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 13:11:00 -0600
I've been working on an HP minicomputer since 1991 - using both a Series 37 and

now luckily a Series 927 (much faster of course). Comparing the two I'd call
the 37 an XT and the 927 at least a 486. :-) Anyhow I've learned a lot about
both and feel comfortable working with them however there is a lot more to
learn. So I was wondering if you folks can recommend any good Info. Sys. or HP
related publications I should subscribe too?

At this time I am getting Information Week, Macweek, Oracle, Lantimes,
Internetwork, HP Professional, and PC Week (soon, but not yet). I keep seeing
people talk about the Communicator. What is is exactly and is it available by
subscription (at a reasonable rate)?
Are articles from it (or other publications for that matter) available on the
Internet?

I've been absorbing what I can from this list and the books and magazines I've
gotten a hold of for the last year and a half. As usual I'm still keeping the
most interesting topics discussed on the list in my own personal archive.

I've been wondering if HP people would purchase a book of hints and tips about
MPE/ix and HP related hardware and software? Or has this been done already? My
notes at home could easily be compiled into such a book.

David W. Martin                           The Standard Disclaimer Applies:
Lockheed Engineering & Sciences Company   Opinions expressed are my own...
Intercompany Programs Office              blah blah blah.
Houston, Texas
Email: [log in to unmask]