HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

From:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 09:15:39 -0500
Randy Medd reports:
>Uh, we're on C.50.00 and _my_ screens still get cleared with both more
>and vi.
>
>Both programs generate: ^[&a0c0Y^[J.  That looks like a home-and-clear
>to me!  I'm using TERM=hp2392a.  What're you using?

ME TOO!!
As I recall, it use to home to the beginning of terminal memory and clear
but now it seems to have cahnged so that it homes to the top of the
currently displayed memory page and clears.  This protects most of your
terminal memory although often not the part most interesting.

On my MKS/Intel platforms, more doesn't do any clearing, it simply starts
displaying where you are.  Much more friendly!

Brian Duncombe  [log in to unmask]