HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 1995 00:39:04 GMT
Williams, Pete - Prog Analyst ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Help.....

: The situation:  I have users who will be FTPing files into a specific group
: on our HP 937 Rx, running MPE 4.0.  I am planning on running a JCL job to
: monitor the group to see if any files show up.  If a file does show up, a
: job relating to that file will be streamed, which simply copies the data
: file from this group to another group and account.  The problem that I am
: having is that I need to get rid of the original data file after it has been
: copied to the new group and account.

: This can be accomplished two ways:  either the monitoring job can purge the
: file or the job that copied the file to the new group and account.

Hello Pete,

I have one trick up my sleeve which differs from your solution a bit, the
FTP on the 3000 (with current General Release patch) provides a feature
which will permit a job to be streamed from a remote system.

Example:

> PUT datafile
> PUT job
> SITE STREAM job

The "job" would first process your data (copy it to the database) and
seconded if successful, it could purge the 'datafile'.

Have fun with it!

Regards,

James Hofmeister - Network Expert Center
Hewlett Packard

P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.