HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

From:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 1995 18:18:06 -0800
On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, Gail Duro wrote:
> Alternatives for "STREAM without passwords"

If a user has access to the logon user and account, then there shouldn't
be a problem.  Allowing job files to be streammed with only X access seems
a bit dangerous.  I may have missed some previous discussion, so I'll
assume this has been addressed already.

> Based on previous feedback, two implementations for "STREAM without passwords"
> have been examined. We request your feedback to the following questions.
>
> 1. How often would the system manager want to change the setting of this
>    feature?

I'd have to say once.

> 2. Choose one: you would prefer to control this feature
>                via sysgen or online via a command.

I like having the ability to change the setting on the fly.  That seems
more important than controlling the configuration from a central point.
Placing the setting in SYSSTART (or an equivalent startup job) seems to
be convenient.  Using the JOBSECURITY command sounds like a very
logical choice.

Regards,

--- John Joerger  ([log in to unmask])  ---  Press-Telegram (Long Beach)