HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 5

From:
George Stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Stachnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 21:36:05 GMT
[ Article crossposted from comp.sys.hp.hpux ]
[ Author was Rex Warren ]
[ Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 1995 14:59:26 ]

Hello all,

I am having trouble with communications between an HP9000/850 and an HP3000.
I realize  that this has nothing to do with HP-UX except that the 9000 is
running version 9.04.

What I am trying to do is telnet into the 9000 with an hp terminal emulation
program and them run cu to connect to the 3000 and then run a block mode
program.  I have done this with the Xwindows version of hpterm and have
successfully run a block mode program running on the 3000.  The keymap was off
though but that is another plea for help.

When I telnet into the 9000 using r1 for windows or minisofts win92 and try
the block mode program on the 3000 all I get is the keyboard lock and no
block mode.  I run cu like this:

cu -lblah -q

I also get the same response from the console, which is an hp terminal.

I could sure use help on this.
Thanks in advance

Rex Warren