HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
"Paul H. Christidis" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 14:53:22 PST
In the early 80's we were evaluating some resource accounting system
(RAS/3000) by Computer Consultants & Service Center.  They also offered a
screen editor (TESS/3000).  The person that was evaluating the software
simply loved the editor and was very disappointed when management did not
agree to at least get the editor.

Years later I studied the manual that was left behind and I must say I was
impressed about its capabilities.  It was written in SPL, had 64 commands
accessible through control codes, interfaced with the compilers and was
generally a very good product for its time.  I've always wondered what ever
happened to it.  Does anyone know?

Regards
Paul H. Christidis