HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 06:09:39 -0800
Geoff Harper <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>     The DBOPEN record format under "TurboIMAGE/XL Log Record Formats"
>lists a field "USER IDENTIFIER" (It comes directly after User name,group,
>account).  It's 8 bytes long - I assume it's supposed to be the user's
>SESSION/JOB name.  Am I correct?  If not, then what is it?  If I *am*
>correct, then it's broken.  IMAGE fills it with blanks regardless of my
>SESSION name.  We're on 5.0 PUSH...
>
>     Any help would be much appreciated...

After the Password in DBOPEN, you can add a 8 byte user id.  This id is
set by your program at DBOPEN time.  You can use it for any purpose you
like, and it is reported in logging.  Here's how you do it:

;/useridxx          (creator password, /, user id)
password/useridxx   (password, /, user id)

Larry