HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 02:56:23 GMT
  In the HPFAQ posted at ftp.3k.com and opus.admin.utc.edu, there is
mention of being able to establish Internetworking via NS/3000 on MPE/V
by manually maintaining your NSDIR files.  This is not a problem,
actually, I would rather prefer it that I can limit which systems
students will have access to.  However, to actually use telnet, ftp,
smtp, etc. you need a package from the Wollongong Group entitled WIN/TCP
for MPE/V.  Does anyone know who I could contact about this package,
about pricing info?  Has anyone used this product?  If I can get this
Series 42 onto the net, life will be so much easier.  Even for just
telnet access, in and out of the system, the situation would be
resolved.  I may be getting an Ethernet card for this system, I don't
know yet.  What other hard ware would I need for this system to make it
Internetworkable with incoming/outgoing telnet, and incoming/outgoing
ftp?  The telnet is the most crucial point, mail is no problem.

  The HP will be using a Linux based PC system as an Internet
gateway/router.

  I hope this stuff won't be too expensive, our budget is almost nill,
and I don't have a lot of time to write the routines myself.

Daniel Kosack