HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
Jeff Lindberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 1995 22:09:55 GMT
Rudderow, Evan ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> >According to Jeff Lindberg:
> >>
> >> This would be very, VERY, **VERY** useful in our shop!!
> >>
> >> If each job queue could have a different default priority (or workgroup
> >> if you have Workload Manager) JLIMIT and outclass that would be super.
> >>
> >[snip]
> >
> >This would be very useful extension to the Workload manager.
> >

> Then there's KLA/Express from Unison...

I would prefer to see this functionality integrated into the base OS
rather than relying on a third party or an add-on product.  If MPE/iX is
to be a "world class" OS, then it needs to at least keep pace with the
competition.

VAX VMS, for example, (wink, nudge) has this capability.  I'm sure there
must be others...

  Jeff Lindberg, Data Processing Coordinator

---
Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency     ([log in to unmask])
729 21st Street Bettendorf, IA  52722
  "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."