HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 4

From:
Clifford Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clifford Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 10:20:14 -0500
At 09:00 AM 3/27/95 EST, Guy Smith wrote:
>[snip]
>
>I have
>the habit of aligning brackets on the same column to eliminate the problem
>of locating matched pairs (and thus the need for a locator function in
>an editor).
>
>        Them:           { statement;
>                                  function(); }
>
>        Me:                     { statement;
>                                  function();
>                }

The guy who first showed me how to program in c took it one step further
by putting both scope terminators on separate lines

         We:     {
                 statement;
                 function();
                 }

He even had a 'c beautifier' that would take other people's code and
change it to the way he wrote it.  Unfortunately I don't have the
'c beautfier'.  There are times when I wish I did.
Clifford Williams      ([log in to unmask])
Southern College of Seventh-day Adventists