HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

From:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Vance <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 10:25:09 -0800
>95M05   UDC  Files, Command files should only require X Access

This is part of the CI enhancements submitted to the Express 3 release
(targeted for June).

>95M19   NEWUSER & NEWACCT should be issued once when used against Private Volumes

I would like to try to clarify this item.  What several customers have asked for
is the ability to guarantee that disk space is consumed on user volumes rather
than on the system volume.  In other words, the SM doesn't want his/her AMs creating
groups and forgetting to HOMEVS them to the User Volume that the account is
HOMEVSd to.  One (of many) possibilities that illustrates this requirement is to
add a new parameter to the NEWACCT command, maybe named "DEFAULTVS=".  When this
;defaultvs=uvfoo is entered that would mean that all groups under the account,
by default, will reside on "uvfoo" (there is no need to enter 2 :newgroup
commands).  Of course, the AM could specify ;onvs=mpexl_system_volume_set and
homevs=mpexl_system_voulme_set on their :newgroup cmds, and circumvent the
SM's rules.  But anyways I hope this helps better explain this SIGMPE item.

Jeff Vance, MPE Lab.

p.s.  This could/should apply to directories too.