HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

From:
Phil ESGUERRA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil ESGUERRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Mar 1995 20:27:00 +0000
Hello there!!!

We're currently upgrading our HP3000/949 to MPE/ix 5.0.
Unfortunately, we've run into all kinds of problems. So far,
we've solved those problems, except one.

We're having problems conecting to the disc shared devices
on the HP3000. The UPGRADE instructions that came with the
tapes said that we need to change somethings in the NMMGR.
Unfortunately, it referred us to thedocument "HP Resource Sharing Software
Update Notice" (B1718-90004). Unfortunately also, the HP PICS
does not have anybody who knows Resource Sharing on weekends. Their
suggestion is to wait on Monday. They also do not have a copy
of the document mentioned.

I tried to log on to the Support Line, but the system was down for
"scheduled  processing". I was told to wait until 4:00 AM tomorrow.

So, we're in a catch 22 now. Our users are unable to connect to the
shared resources, and there is no support whatsoever from HP..

Does anyone know what changes need to be made on MP/ix 5.0 to make
Resource Sharing work?

Thank you.

(415) 329-2447