HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 01:34:20 EST
Yet another "Tales from the Dark Side" report on the new OV/DTC Manager.
To date, I had the following failures:

* Don't even consider it under 4Mb
* Using WRQ's RNS/Win stacks, DTC Manager works, OV polling doesn't, IPX does
  work (at least on NDIS installation).
* Using FTP PC/TCP stack, packet driver, polling works, DTC Manager doesn't.
* Using FTP PC/TCP stack, NDIS, DTC Manager works, polling doesn't, IPX won't.
  Can't find an NDIS compatible IPX driver.

And the latest insidious kludge...

* Using FTP PC/TCP stack, NDIS, but applying the ODI shim ODINSUP results in
  polling works, DTC Manager works, IPX sort of up in the air.  I tried the
  traditional IPXODI driver and it loads OK, but NETX and VLM both result in
  unresolved servers (can't see the network, apparently).  OV still reports
  on IPX addresses though (have to look again tomorrow).  This stunt might
  even work on RNS/Win (haven't checked) - I just got desperate when the
  HP-supplied FTP PC/TCP didn't work.

As of tonight, I did successfully get the DTC's downloaded from the new DTC
manager PC.  Now don't anybody move....

[\] Jeff Kell, [log in to unmask]