HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 3

From:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 1995 21:20:11 GMT
Pete Crosby ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Unfortunately, the system was not designed to work this way. To
: eliminate the necessity to open system files the decision was made to
: use the setting already available at the hardware level (stored in
: NVRAM).

- To clarify (I hope)... I guess what Pete is saying here is "to
  eliminate the necessity to open system files" (when the system is down
  and file system services are not available).  This means that programs
  like dump have to go out on the disc "raw" and better get it right on
  their own to obtain any configuration information...

:-) Eero Laurila - HP CSY Networking lab.