HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 08:26:50 -0800
John Sullivan CSL/MPE <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Finally got a possible solution to the DDX problem I posted before.
>I was talking to a user today that has X.50.50 and said this version
>fixes the problems with DDX.  I'm on X.50.20 and still have yet
>to get DDX to work.
>
>I checked the support line database today and couldn't find a reference
>so thought I'd post here in case others come across this problem.
>
>Has anyone gotten this to work?  Does C.50.00 work correctly,
>or must I order X.50.50?  Are there patches?

The only known problem with DDX was if the request to expand was bigger
than 16mb.  When this occurred, data on the disk could/would be wiped out.
However, smaller than 16mb always seemed to worked.  I don't remember
which patch number was used for this fix, but I believe X.50.50 does have it.

Other than this, I'm not sure why you would have a problem, otherthan the
possibility that the dataset is not setup completely.

Larry Boyd