HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

From:
Steve Willer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Willer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 1995 13:45:11 -0500
In article <<[log in to unmask]>, you wrote:
> Bill, IMHO, VB fastest for small to medium projects, VC++
> for large or if app is commercial.  Exe speed goes equal
> to VC++ & C++.  VB apps bigger and slower.  However, when
> VB 5 comes out it will generate *much* tighter and faster
> exe's.

It may also be worthwhile to take a look at Delphi, a new Pascal-based
product from Borland. It's similar to VB, except it's
a) more full-featured
b) an actual compiler (rather than a p-code generator)
c) FAST FAST FAST, both in compiler and in runtime.

I've been playing with a pre-release for a little while (note: I haven't
written a commercial app with it), and I'm quite impressed.

And no, I don't work for Borland.

Steve Willer <[log in to unmask]>              This space reserved.
Team OS/2