HP3000-L Archives

March 1995, Week 2

From:
"Rudderow, Evan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rudderow, Evan
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 1995 12:52:00 EST
Stephanie Evich <[log in to unmask]> asks:

>Hello everyone.  Our users who are dialing up through a DTC48 (PC Based
mgt)
>currently type "Bye" from MPE/ix which appears to drop connection between
>our HP and the DTC; however they must type "L" to logoff which appears to
>drop the connection from DTC modem port to remote modem.
>
>Can anyone elaborate on the technicalities of the connection points and
>options for a config that would only require 1 terminate signal from remote
>user rather than 2 (bye, L)?

I'm guessing but...

When the user dials in the "service" they have established the connection
with is the DTC User Interface, since a :BYE doesn't terminate the DTC
Interface session the connection isn't dropped.  My guess is that if this
was a "nailed" connection (i.e. switching disabled on the port) then the
:BYE *would* drop the connection.

 -- Evan