HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

From:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 18:50:21 GMT
Paul H. Christidis ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: >Hello,

: >I have a customer that has a MPE file in what he calls
: >"squisher" format, and he wants to be able to "unsquish" it.
: >Does anyone have any ideas???

: >Thanks,
: >Jeff Vance

: The above request prompted me to look at some of our source that has been
: 'squished'.  In the process I found out that our copy of SQUISHER has
: expired.  Our files were squished with version 2.03 does anyone have a copy
: that will operate on files created under that version?   I also determined
: that our version, due to the method it uses to obtain the 'info string'
: will not work properly on the MPE/iX machines.  Does anyone know if a
: 'current' version exists?

Couldn't resist a small plug.

The ryder utility currently available on JAZZ is becoming part of TELESUP on
Express 2.  Unfortunately, the name was changed to the more bland "mover" for
non-technical reasons.

The ryder/mover utility works the same as squisher from the squisher
definition.  The mover utility won't "expire"...

Steve