HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

From:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Gambrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 16:53:30 -0600
According to Leslie Ann Bain:

> And thanks for your feedback about the visibility of IP addresses.  I'm
> rather surprised that more customers haven't responded on the subject.
> Perhaps if the threads had a subject of Glance instead of SQLMon there
> would have been more feedback.  My instincts tell me that we could provide
> a LOT of value (especially to DBAs and System Managers) by improving the
> visibility of the client processes on the server.  But if my instincts are
> right, a lot of DBAs and SMs should agree (and be willing to say so!)  Has
> this subject already been discussed before?

This system manager would love to see IP addresses and other client info
of MPE network connections. Iwould prefer it in a nice, GUI like format,
but glance will do. One of the troubles of MPE (and traditional Unix) is the
wide variety of manager/administrator interfaces. OpenView is helping to
address this - particularly on HPUX, what about MPE?

BTW, I didn't see anyone else respond to this, we have had several
discussions about the need for IP and client info on the list. One
long one had to do with getting to an IP for a NS/VT login session
that has apparently been very productive of a solution.

--
-- - - - Speaking for myself and not necessarily anybody else - - - - - -
Richard Gambrell        | Internet: [log in to unmask]