HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 4

From:
Peggy Lacy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Lacy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 22:09:45 GMT
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  In <[log in to unmask]> Anna Zara <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>
> > In my previous follow up message I negleted to mention that a
services.net.sy
> > file is also required by the ALLBASE/NET ARPA listener.  There is a sample
> > file for the services files as well in NET.SYS.  A LISTF @[log in to unmask]
will
> > show all the available sample files for ARPA configuration.  Each sample
> > file contains instructions for creating the real configuration file.
>
> Since I started this, I'll point out that I have both hosts.net.sys and a
> services.net.sys file that appear to be valid, but I get that error anyway.
> (I've since opened a PICS call on it though, so we'll see...)
>
>                  -Chris

Chris,
Do you have the following file on your system?

RESLVCNF.NET.SYS

If this file exists, then the 3000 is expecting to use DNR on a
node that is defined in this file.  The order of precedence is:
DNR server first then local HOSTS file.  If the node defined in
RESLVCNF does not exist, is not responding, or is not configured
as a DNR (Domain Name Resolver), you will receive the -31995 error.

Good Luck!
Peggy Lacy
Database Expert Center