HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 3

From:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Feb 1995 00:36:59 GMT
Richard Gambrell ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: According to Jeff Kell:
: >
: > High-budget solution... get a source code control system.
:   How about using rcs that comes with MPE/ix 5.0? That's low budget, but
:   I'm not sure how easily it would integrate with traditional MPE files.

The shell only understands byte-stream files.  With the 5.0 push, Fixed and
Variable files can be emulated as byte-stream, but RCS would probably turn
them into _real_ byte-stream files when you check them back out.  I haven't
looked at the RCS man page, maybe they built extra smarts into it...

In any case, if byte-stream is ok then RCS should be a good solution.

Steve