HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

From:
John Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 17:36:33 GMT
I just noticed that mail delivered to HPDesk is sometimes
unreplyable.  Has anyone noticed this?

For instance, an internet message comes through the Openmail
gateway and goes into desk.  The original message would have
a Return-Path: of [log in to unmask] and a From: of [log in to unmask]

According to what I've read, the mailer is supposed to reply
to the From: address, not the Return-Path: but of course
this is not what is happening.  And of course it is affecting
our board of directors.

Hey Chris, any ideas?!  I've installed all the latest patches!

--
     john sullivan
     [log in to unmask]  or http://www.interex.org/~sullivan/