HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

From:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Ranft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 18:47:49 GMT
Can anyone help me with the macro(s?) needed to display the accessors of a
particular file?
I would especially be interested in determining the FLOCK holder.

I ended up doing a START RECOVERY on a 957 today.  I got a call.  After
attempting to reset ports
and ABORTJOB on a couple of different sessions, the users were still unable to
connect to the
system.  I reset the Ldevs and the sessions were still logged on.

GLANCE told me the process was IMPeded.  I did a Process - File Trace to
identify the locked file.
Out of GLANCE and into MPEX...  A 'LISTF filename,ACCESS' never responded.  I
eventually tried to
ABORT MPEX with no luck.  I then had to reset my own DTC port (A Ctrl-K did not
return me to the
DTC> prompt.)

I then decided to try GLANCE again, and GLANCE displayed the headings and then
hung up.  After
another failed ABORT.  I reset my port again.  This time I logged in VT and
tried an MPE LISTF of
the file (-3).  It showed 7 Read/7 Write.

At this point it would have been really nice to identify the lock holder and
ABORT them.  However,
it appeared that something else was hung up (maybe the Directory
SIR(Lock/Latch)) and the system
more or less locked up.

Although I had placed a call to the HPRC, they did not get back to me before I
had to re-boot.

Can any of you MPE/iX 'internals' knowledgeable people help me out?

Mark Ranft
General Mills Inc
(612)540-2663 (voice)