HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

From:
Charles Leader <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Leader <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 16:37:36 GMT
Mark Ranft ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Can anyone help me with the macro(s?) needed to display the accessors of a
particular file?
: I would especially be interested in determining the FLOCK holder.

: I ended up doing a START RECOVERY on a 957 today.  I got a call.  After
attempting to reset ports
: and ABORTJOB on a couple of different sessions, the users were still unable
to connect to the
: system.  I reset the Ldevs and the sessions were still logged on.

: GLANCE told me the process was IMPeded.  I did a Process - File Trace to
identify the locked file.
: Out of GLANCE and into MPEX...  A 'LISTF filename,ACCESS' never responded.  I
eventually tried to
: ABORT MPEX with no luck.  I then had to reset my own DTC port (A Ctrl-K did
not return me to the
: DTC> prompt.)

: I then decided to try GLANCE again, and GLANCE displayed the headings and
then hung up.  After
: another failed ABORT.  I reset my port again.  This time I logged in VT and
tried an MPE LISTF of
: the file (-3).  It showed 7 Read/7 Write.

: At this point it would have been really nice to identify the lock holder and
ABORT them.  However,
: it appeared that something else was hung up (maybe the Directory
SIR(Lock/Latch)) and the system
: more or less locked up.

: Although I had placed a call to the HPRC, they did not get back to me before
I had to re-boot.

: Can any of you MPE/iX 'internals' knowledgeable people help me out?

: Mark Ranft
: General Mills Inc
: (612)540-2663 (voice)
Could someone also be kind enough to post this solution is it's available
through debug to the newsgroup?
Charles Leader
ST. Lukes Regional Medical Center