HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

From:
"Evans, Kevin W." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Evans, Kevin W.
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 18:18:00 EST
Jerry Fochtman wrote:

:Yes Tom, I completely agree with you that in all fairness it is
:appropriate  to make sure the individual is aware of the various
:product offerings which  may help solve their needs.  As chair
:of SIGIMAGE, I've had to/learned to  walk this fine line. In
:fact we use Vesoft's SECURITY/3000 at a number of  sites along
:with their other products.

[....SNIP....]

:Perhaps there's a little-known feature of the Vesoft product
:which helps  address this, in which case my current
:documentation is outdated or  incomplete.  If this is the case,
:perhaps you can pass this along to  everyone.

There is a couple of job streams that come with the VESOFT
Security/3000 package that address these idiot prompts.  One
called MINLOGON.JOB.VESOFT which changes the message catalog.  A
user who enters an incorrect logon string will get a simple
*INVALID* response.  If you want to change it back {why?}, you
can stream MAXLOGON.JOB.VESOFT.

Hope this info helps.

Kevin W. Evans