HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 2

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 17:06:03 -0500
Chris Bartram writes:

>Do you have a continuing chart of relative
>performance - say from the Micro
>up to the new 99x boxes? I've never seen
>a *complete* performance chart (even
>rough estimates would be useful) and would
>be nice to add to the FAQ...

We have such a chart on-line in our QueryCalc FaxRequest Line. The chart is
document number 1011; the phone number is (505) 526-4800. You're more than
welcome to sign on and retrieve it. You pay for the phone call coming in (the
short duration); we pay for the long duration phone call going back out to
your fax (BTW, the chart was prepared on an HP3000 in PostScript).

Currently, the chart is only one page, but that will change soon because of
the addition of the 939, 959, and 979 processor platforms (no more room on a
single page). The only reason that it hasn't yet changed is that we haven't
yet been able to get performance numbers for the 979 machines (we have them
for the 939 and 959) -- and any assistance would be appreciated.

The base machine on the chart are the Series 39, 40, 44 processors;
everything is measured relative to their performance.

Wirt Atmar