HP3000-L Archives

February 1995, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I am trying to purge a stand alone PRIV file. Could someone please
> remind me the correct file equation and command syntax to do this?
> There must be a couple of ways (Store, Fcopy etc.)

If you have MPEX, use it to change the file code (type) to something other
than PRIV (BASD will do) and then just PURGE it.40_1Feb199517:01:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 15:37:00 -0800
We are in the process of migrating from a serial dataswitch-to-DTC environment
to a LAN NS/VT environment.  Presently the dataswitch is used to time out
and disconnect idle sessions.

How are NS/VT sites accomplishing this?  Is this something I can configure
with NMMGR, will the new Security/iX from HP do it, or is there some freeware
package I can get that will run on iX 4.0+?

PS: Setting the civar HPTIMEOUT won't do it because none of these end-users
are ever sitting idle at a CI colon prompt, i.e. they are sitting idle within
application VPLUS form reads.  Reprogramming with timed reads is not a viable
solution either.
--
Mark Bixby                         E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Coast Community College District   Web: http://www.cccd.edu/~markb/