HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 5

From:
Ray Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jan 1995 16:56:04 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Jeff Kell
<[log in to unmask]> says:

snip>>>

>The (HP,Open)DeskManager installation process does "something" to determine
>if networking is present else one (or more) of it's procedures won't load
>due to it's absence.  The bad news is I also seem to recall it installs a
>dummy "stub" to "fix" the problem.
>
>[\] Jeff Kell, [log in to unmask]

As well as some of the older powerpatch procedures would install some
of the XL routines when they patched the system...from that point
forward, the pawerpatch tapes would continue to patch the incorrectly
installed XL routines...