HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 11:56:46 -0500
John Joerger  ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Hoping for a quick clarification from an experienced IMAGE person.
>I noticed that a few new files have been created since our migration
>to the 967.
>
>  <basename>GB - Created when the database is opened in batch or online.
>                 Some concern because the file is released.
>  <basename>TC - Permanent file.
>
>Any clues as to what these files are, and what other files may appear
>would be helpful.  Just point me to the right area of the manual and
>I will be glad to do my own research!
>
>Regards,

The <basename>GB file is in actual fact the MPE/iX replacement for the DBB
and DBG buffers of yore (MPE/V and IMAGE/V on MPE/XL)  It is created when the
first user accesses the database and purged when the last user closes the
database.   The buffer settings in DBUTIL have no effect on the size of this
file.

The <basename>TC is a file that is created at ATTACH time.  It is a small
file and each record contains the name of the DBE to which the DB is
attached.  When the last DETACH is performed for that base, the TC file
disappears.

There is also an ATCINFO file associated with the DBE that gets created at
ATTACH time.

For more information on these files, see my paper in Appendix B of the TCU
20Jan Workbook or refer to a large transmission yesterday.

Kind regards,

Denys...