HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 1995 01:01:51 EST
On Fri, 20 Jan 1995 23:23:38 GMT Thomas Hagen said:
>Hello, I am trying to make some command files to perform compilation of
>COBOL programs I am writing.
>Now I can not see how to pass parameters from the command line to my
>command file.
>
>The command should work something like this :
>MPE_XL: compile program
>Where compile is my command file and program the source I want to compile.

I'll keep this note in my inbox to remind me Monday to send you a sample one
that we use here; if there's any other interest I'll post it to the list (it
isn't very lengthy or elaborate).  The syntax is almost exactly the same, but
consists of 'COMP program listfile' with default list to $NULL.  The command
file will look for <program>.SOURCE, check for <program>.PUB and warn you if
it exists, reads the first statement from the source file searching for a
comment line specifying the copylib name, e.g., '*COPYLIB.PUB.SYS'.  It will
compile the source, link it into <program>.PUB including our default link
parameters and our local XL= specifications.

All of our applications are very "name oriented" and rely on <pgm>.SOURCE for
the source (which may $INCLUDE whatever is relevant), <pgm>.PUB, <pgm>.FORMS
for VPLUS, etc.  It could be adjusted for your particular environment.

[\] Jeff Kell, [log in to unmask]