HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
James Herod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Herod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 00:54:58 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Bartram  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> [deleted]
>We use WFWG and would like to start working with ODBC. We're not planning
>upgrades to NT (et al) any time soon, since (as someone pointed out with
>Winfax) there are several apps that aren't compatible, and we're not willing
>to lose them.
> [etc.]

Agreed.  I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Kriss Rant say (in effect)
that WFWG wasn't worth HP's time.  Targeting a vaporware OS for your software
will come back to bite you, folks.  We have NO need for Chicago, and don't
foresee migrating to it.

How many others on the list think this decision is a mistake?

--Jim