HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 13:11:04 -0800
On Fri, 27 Jan 1995, Eero Laurila wrote:
> : On Thu, 26 Jan 1995, Phil ESGUERRA wrote:
> : > Hello again!
> : >
> : > We're looking for a TELEPHONE ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE that runs in the
> : > HP3000. I know that there are some out there, for I saw their ads
> : > at one time.
>
> I was involved in helping a customer to develop kind of software you
> seem to be looking for some 5 years back in Finland.  The specific
> piece of code where I was involved was connecting a DTC serial port to
> a phone exchange (not sure about the phone equipment, I think it was
> Ericsson (one of the big European phone equipment manufacturers).
>
> The application (or my understanding of it) was something where the
> end user was sitting on a terminal in front of a block mode screen
> punching in the subscribers phone number or other identifier and the
> application would actually transmit a query out of the DTC port and
> read the reply from the phone exchange.

The application I was describing reads call-detail from a buffer
serially connected to the DTC.  Data is deposited in the buffer by
a switch (we have a Rolm 9000).  The program reads the call-detail
records and prices all external calls using pricing tables provided
by the vendor.  You can then produce various types of reports to
help reclaim $ for employee personal calls, distribute the phone bill
to different cost centers, etc.  There is also online inquiry available.

Regards,

--- John Joerger  ([log in to unmask])
  The pessimist says the glass as half empty.  The optimist says the
  glass as half full.  The Re-engineer says you have twice as much
  glass as necessary!