HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 17:45:57 GMT
John Joerger ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: On Thu, 26 Jan 1995, Phil ESGUERRA wrote:
: > Hello again!
: >
: > We're looking for a TELEPHONE ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE that runs in the
: > HP3000. I know that there are some out there, for I saw their ads
: > at one time.

I was involved in helping a customer to develop kind of software you
seem to be looking for some 5 years back in Finland.  The specific
piece of code where I was involved was connecting a DTC serial port to
a phone exchange (not sure about the phone equipment, I think it was
Ericsson (one of the big European phone equipment manufacturers).

The application (or my understanding of it) was something where the
end user was sitting on a terminal in front of a block mode screen
punching in the subscribers phone number or other identifier and the
application would actually transmit a query out of the DTC port and
read the reply from the phone exchange.

It sounds similar to what I understood you're lookin for, unfortunately
I don't know about it's reporting etc capabilities.  Also, I'm not
sure about if they are actively selling that application...  Hope
someone in Finland is reading this and can give some more info.

This was 91/04/25, HP PICS id E2480056, company name
"Keski-Suomen Puhelinosakeyhtio", telephone +358 41 690 240.  I don't
want to give any individuals names here - however, I think it's ok
to publish the company's name.

Eero Laurila - HP CSY Networking lab, Cupertino, CA.