HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 4

From:
David Lukenbill <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 1995 13:44:00 +0000
Item Subject: HP-3000 E-Mail List
   A few days ago, I submitted a message about an "Out of Memory"
error I was getting when I attempted to use the IMAGE/SQL ODBC
drivers from Windows for Workgroups w/ TCP/IP 3.11a (approx. 560K
base memory available).

   Thanks to all who responded.

   It looks like whatever problem I was having mysteriously went
away.  (I know it's wierd, but I don't think it's "operator error".)
 The driver installed OK, and everything worked OK until MS Query
(and probably other programs) tried to use the driver.  It was at
that point that I would get the OOM error, or would suddenly see a
DOS prompt.  I reinstalled the TCP/IP stack and ODBC driver several
times, with the same results.  (That's when I posted my message.)  A
couple of days ago, I tried the same access, and got the same result.
 I kept trying, using the same process, and saw the OOM/DOS prompt
several times.  All of a sudden, the driver started working, and has
worked fairly consistently since then.  On occasion, I'll still see a
DOS prompt, but a re-start of windows will allow everything to work
again.

   In summary, for those of you having problems getting WFWG and
IMAGE/SQL drivers working together... KEEP TRYING.  You may not be
doing anything wrong.

   BTW, I agree that HP should investigate/take action on officially
supporting the drivers with WFWG.
David N. Lukenbill
US Naval Surface Warfare Center, Louisville
Phalanx Production Engineering