HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 3

From:
Flemming Rothmann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Flemming Rothmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 11:53:21 +0200
Liking SAM or not (you don't have to use it...), the concept has one
obvious advantage for novice HP9000 system administrators: You don't have
to remember much else but the command "sam". You are then - more or less -
guided through many administration tasks via menus such as restoring files
from backups, adding / removing users, enabling / disabling network
services etc.  There is a similar utility on IBM's rs/6000 (I hope I don't
get flamed for this one...)

This could be a good thing too on the HP3000, a single point of entry for
more  (or less) novice users to do system administration tasks. But do
keep the command line interface as well for expert users!! I.e. provide
tools which matches users skills.

Flemming Rothmann ([log in to unmask])
MIPS - The Aircraft Maintenance and Planning System.
CADO - The Flight Planning System.
Cimber Air Data A/S - The Aircraft Maintenance Software Company.

World Wide coverage - More info? Fax +45 74 43 28 22