HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 3

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 17:27:55 -0800
This question directed to those who have "done" it already. I
haven't paid too much attention to the posix wars, except to
notice that some seem to be quite successful porting cool unix
net servers and such to their hp3k. So, in preparation for our
eventual 5.0 update, I was wondering if I could be enlightened
regarding these issues:

1. What does it take to port these unix sources to my hp3k? Is
there anything special except a 'c' compiler required?

2. I have the BSD sockets/ix manual. Is this the complete
repository of socket info?

3. No laughing on this one, please: We have pascal/ix and I
found a manual called "NetIPC Programmers Guide...". It seems
to be sorta like the BSD sockets stuff, but all the examples
use pascal instead of c. Can I write a server with
pascal/netipc that will look the same as a bsd socket server to
my client code (client code will use winsock 1.1 or later).

TIA
-- Duane Percox (Quintessential School Systems)