HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 2

From:
JimFennell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
JimFennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 1995 12:58:19 -0500
I have written a command that, among other lings, logs its activity in a
circular file.  It does so using the ECHO command and redirecting the
output to the circular file.  I have no problem includding the current
time in HH:MM format, but I have now received a request to log the seconds
as well (HH:MM:SS).  I am getting the hours and minutes from the MPE
variables !HPHOUR and !HPMINUTE respectively, but I cannot find a way to
get the current time down to the second from an MPE command file.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd like to avoid having to call a program
just for this, if possible.  Reply or e-mail would be good.

Thanks in advance . . .    :-)

Jim Fennell
InterPay, inc.

email:  [log in to unmask]