HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 2

From:
Eddy BELIVEAU <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eddy BELIVEAU <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 08:11:31 -0400
Date:   13-JAN-1995 07:52:34

Hi! Netfriends,

We have currently an HP 3000/949, MPE Ix 4.0 and are looking to purchase
another HP 3000/??? for one of our application

We want to dedicate that new HP 3000 as an interrogation box for our
students (50-60 terminals), in that scenario, our students will have
access to restricted login menus to give them access to their
academic or financial data

Initially, we were thinking to download daily the database from our main
HP 3000; but now we'll prefer it to be more dynamic; we want to give
them access to the life data

One of the approach is to use a package which give a mirror copy of the
image database. I know it exist but I don't remember the name of the
product!!       Can someone help?  Horror story...?

The second approach is to use an client/server method.
Does someone know a package which permit our two HP 3000 boxes
(they will be interconneted by ARPA services, we don't have NS/3000)
to have that client/server method?

Any pointers will be appreciate

Thanks in advance,

Eddy     :-{)

FYI: We have IMAGE only, we don't have IMAGE/SQL

| Eddy Beliveau,            Tech. Support Mgr |        Internet:          |
| Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales        |   [log in to unmask]    |
| (Quebec) CANADA     | Phone: (514) 340-6073 | Any   horizontal  surface |
| H3T 1V6             | Fax  : (514) 340-5637 | soon tends to be piled up |