HP3000-L Archives

January 1995, Week 2

From:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 19:07:34 GMT
Larry Boyd ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Ken Sletten wrote:
: >
: >Clint Schwartz wrote, and John Beckett followed up on:
: >
: >>I need to be able to sort the SHOWJOB output to sort by job number.
: >>I'm redirecting the output to a file and then using SORT to sort the
: >>file with the job number as the key.
: >[.....SNIP.....]
: >
: >Maybe HP would consider an enhancement here;  i.e:
: >(snipped)
: >Add three new options to the SHOWJOB command
: >[;jobnum]   and   [;jin]   and   [;name]
: >
: And Steve Elmer gave a real good example on how to accomplish this as
: a work around.  However, I think Ken has an excellent idea here, and that

: Steve, can you check if it's been requested?  If not, why not take the

Yes, it has been requested exactly twice.  Once in 1980 for MPE V/E and
once in 1994 for MPE iX.  Your best bet is to get the customer delight
solution team to look at this.  I will forward this to Jeff Vance and
ask him to put it there

: Anyone else want on the list?  Clint?  John?

Mail your requests to Jeff.

Steve