HP3000-L Archives

December 2023, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2023 17:35:15 +0000
"And the new HP-IB Series 58 version that can run up to and including the very last MPE V/E release 40 should be out quite soon. G"

I am interested, please keep us posted.
-Craig

    On Monday, December 4, 2023 at 09:17:09 AM PST, Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 On Dec 4, 2023, at 10:43 AM, Craig Lalley < [log in to unmask] > wrote: > OT: How does MPE V and SIMH handle cpu sleep states? Or does it utilize 100% cpu all the time? SIMH has an idle feature which allows it to use very little CPU when the machine is idle, so I have one or two of them (possibly also with an instance of Hercules running MVS 3.8j which also idles well) and it has no noticeable impact on my system at all, even when gaming etc. > I guess I should just look myself and not ask the creator. The creator is J. David Bryan, I just use it to curate my kitchen-sink-included turnkey distribution. Dave's SIMH C code is beautiful. I'm pretty sure you could start with a pile of sand and build a working HP 3000 based solely on the extensive comments in the code. And the new HP-IB Series 58 version that can run up to and including the very last MPE V/E release 40 should be out quite soon. G.