HP3000-L Archives

December 2023, Week 1

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2023 10:36:36 -0500
I had a weird episode on my Empire game HP3000 957 this week.

One of my old 32GB Jamaica box mirrors went down, so I did the required

REPLY and disabled mirroring on that pair.

But then I started crashing anyway once a day, FLT DEAD.  Of course the

faulty mirror would try again and after a few hours I'd do another REPLY

to disable the mirror.

Then after last night's crash the normal schedule for my Orbit/+iX full

online backup, so I wondered, how soon will it crash again.

Funny thing, the REPAIR of the mirrors completed successfully. There is

no more disabled pair.  I guess 6th time is the charm?

Anyway it behooves me to find more drives to fit into my unused Jamaica

boxes.  Either that or find another array.  Maybe someone has an old A-

class they about to dispose of?

--

Tracy Johnson

BT