HP3000-L Archives

August 2023, Week 2

From:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2023 08:00:53 -0400
There is a compatibility mode program called TAPEDIR from the

Contributed Software Library. It was written in the classic MPE V days

when there was no method short and specifying ;DEV=$NULL and adding

;KEEP as insurance.

Some vendors have a copy of TAPEDIR in their accounts.  If you have

Adager there should be a copy in the REGO account.

On 8/10/23 06:55, Gavin Scott wrote:

> :VSTORE would bo one way. But there are numerous utilities that have been written over the years for displaying tape directories or verifying tape content etc.

> Offhand I’m not sure what the best options are these days.

> G.

> Sent from my iPad

>> On Aug 10, 2023, at 4:05 AM, James B. Byrne<[log in to unmask]>  wrote:

>> The question is in the subject.  I cannot see from the STORE/RESTORE manual how

>> to simply display the file list of the backup contents without actually

>> restoring the files.

>> How is this done?

>> --

>> ***          e-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel          ***

>>         Do NOT transmit sensitive data via e-Mail

>>    Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

>> Do NOT open attachments nor follow links sent by e-Mail

>> James B. Byrnemailto:[log in to unmask]

>> Harte & Lyne Limitedhttp://www.harte-lyne.ca

>> 9 Brockley Drive              vox: +1 905 561 1241

>> Hamilton, Ontario             fax: +1 905 561 0757

>> Canada  L8E 3C3

>> * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, *

>> * etc., please visithttp://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html  *

> * etc., please visithttp://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html  *

--

Tracy Johnson