HP3000-L Archives

November 2022, Week 2

From:
"James B. Byrne" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2022 10:41:02 -0500
We need to have a HP Blockmode terminal emulator that will work with Stormasys
Charon and which allows us to provide ssh connections to the HP3000 (which of
course does not support ssh).

Presently we handle this by having the HP3000 connected via a crossover cable
to our sshd service host which itself is connected to our network on a second
port and acts as a router for the HP3000.  Users first log in to the sshd
service and then run freevt3k to connect to the HP3000.  This provides network
security for the HP3000.

Blockmode use is limited to network configuration and is done on the system
console which is an HP terminal connected to the console port.

We at one point we had multiple Minisoft Secure92 and JavelinHP licenses but we
have not used these since we put the SSHD service between the HP3000 and the
outside world.

What are the options available to connect to the HP3000 emulator securely when
using the few blockmode configuration applications?

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

James B. Byrne                mailto:[log in to unmask]
Canada  L8E 3C3

* To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html *