HP3000-L Archives

May 2022, Week 2

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2022 00:54:28 +0000
What type of router do you have?  Here's mine.

HTH,

-Craig

    On Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 03:08:42 PM PDT, Tracy Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 My old empire HP3000 is still running, but it hasn't had a web page in 7
months.

You can still telnet or VT-MGR to it at empire.game-host.org

The Catch-22 is yes it still serves up a web page, but any port
forwarding will work for telnet or VT, but it won't work for http.

Why?

Because the IP address for my web page conflicts with the IP for the
admin page for my residential Cox modem.

Any http access from the outside to the IP is obviously blocked so it
just serves a time-out.

Inside my network it works fine.

Anyone thought of a workaround?  A separate router?

Of course the expensive solution is to get a business account.

--

Tracy Johnson
BT

NNNN