HP3000-L Archives

May 2021, Week 1

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2021 11:25:31 -0500
External Email
David Bryan has released a new Classic 3000 SIMH version and I have updated my Classic Series III+ simulation/emulation kit to use his new version.

Version 1.7 of “My Series III” includes the new SIMH release 10 from David which integrates my large memory changes as well as having the Extended COBOL II Instructions implemented in the simulator for performance. My distribution now includes David’s binary distribution of the hp3000.exe Simulator without any changes, which means you can also use the source from his web site if you want to build the simulator for another OS like Linux, MacOS, ARM/Raspberry Pi, etc. in order to use it with the rest of my distribution.

Also in this version I replaced the old JOBINFO implementation with new JOBINFO/FPARSE/FLABELIFO implementations from Stan Sieler, and Stan also contributed his CMDEBUG.PUB.ALLEGRO system debugging/exploration tool. Thanks Stan!

“My Series III” is a turnkey (ready to run out of the box) emulation of the Classic (stack-based) Series III HP 3000 computer system from around 1980. It includes MPE V/R with all the standard language compilers, BASIC, etc., as well as my resurrected APL\3000. You’ll also find pretty much all the contributed library software as collected by Keven Miller, The HP 2000 contributed library thanks to Dave Elward, and various other goodies from the golden age of the HP 3000. It also comes with MAME emulations of the HP 2645A and HP 2641A (APL) terminals, and it works great with QCTerm, Reflection, etc. as well.

Download link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16vaNUrmfs2aQpjdQijG4PZmJaNu3hfcz

(click the little download button in the upper right corner)

Enjoy, and feedback is always appreciated.

G.
This message is not from a UTC.EDU address. Caution should be used in clicking links and downloading attachments from unknown senders or unexpected email.